Are you a mom? Want to talk about mom things? Or talk about anything? Send me an email and lets chat! michwinter6291@gmail.com .

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A *huge* shout out to my designer!

So when I started this venture into Blogging, one of the first things I was convinced of was that I needed a designer. So I looked around on a few blog sites, at a few different blog designers websites and the first thing that crossed my mind was "wow, that's costly". I'll be the first to admit, I'm cheap. I will scrimp and save any way I can. I mean, I have to -- I have 4 kids. Spending $50 - 180 on a 'hobby' such as a blog to me just seemed like something I couldn't justify. Now this is NO way slamming those who *do* spend that much money for super pretty web sites from designers, it's just not for me.

So then I got to thinking, I have NO design skills whatsoever -- how am I going to get a cute website will still saving money? And then it hit me. I have *THE* most awesome brother in the world. He has been my ally for my most of my life, and he is the single most creative person I know. He has cool bug collections, and cool paper mache collections, and I once sat and watched for a good 40 minutes while my sister made a latex mold of his face, just so he can paint and design it.

So I asked him to help me, and folks; what you see is the product of his help. He has completely stepped up and designed (if I might say) a completely kick ass blog site. AND it gets even better -- he's even going to be changing it with each passing season, so be sure to check back often to see what background will be up.

Drew, I can never say thanks enough for everything you do. We've had our differences, and I might've thrown a garden hoe and other assorted heavy objects at you in the past, but you know I love ya!!!

0 comments: