Are you a mom? Want to talk about mom things? Or talk about anything? Send me an email and lets chat! michwinter6291@gmail.com .

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Green gooky eyes -- yuck

When it rains, it pours. Isn't that what they always say? Things haven't been going the best around here. We've all been sick, and I've JUST gotten over a nasty sinus infection, my Mother in Law is undergoing radiation for Breast Cancer, my Sister in Law is always near death with her serious heart conditions, and there's just always a ton going on. And now my poor Peyton wakes up with nasty green, gooky eyes this morning, and the poor little man can't shut his eye. I feel so awful for him.

He keeps poking at his eye and trying to rub the gook out. He keeps stumbling over to me and looking up at me with his pathetic little eyes and telling me "eye boo boo, mommy". It's so sad! I've been putting warm compresses on it and trying to rub the tear duct (which I remember the Pedi telling me the last time this happened), but he's still miserable.

SO, his green gooky eye has earned me a get out of work free day card tomorrow. Looks like we'll be heading to the Pedi, just for them to tell us there's nothing they can do (since it's not pink eye, it's just a sinus thing).

Ahhhh, the joys of motherhood!

2 comments:

Bloggymommy said...

Oh I hear ya on that one! It sucks!!! My son has terrible allergies and has already had 4 eye surgeries and might have to have another one. It's so sad when they look at you and wonder why you're not making them better. Damn those fairy god mothers! Where are they when you really need them? lol Good luck to ya! I hope they feel better soon! ((hugs))

Gina said...

Poor Peyton!!!! I hope the eye drops are helping!!!! He'll be better before you know it, and I'm sure he'll be his normal self at Thanksgiving!!!!