Are you a mom? Want to talk about mom things? Or talk about anything? Send me an email and lets chat! michwinter6291@gmail.com .

Friday, February 13, 2009

Kidney Infection = Absolute living hell

First off, my apologies for not writing more on here the past few days. I'm not lying when I say I've been in absolutely AGONY the past few days with this stupid freaking kidney infection. When people have described the pain as intense as childbirth, I thought they were just blowing steam up my ass. Believe me, people -- it's true!!

For the past 5 days, I've been in a daze... Somehow I've managed to talk to clients, request medical records, review complex Social Security files, and prep clients, all without screwing up. I've ran a household (sort of!) and managed to keep it all together. All while having fever/chills/nausea/pain/etc. Ugh. It's been a looooong week.

I thought for sure I'd be better by now. The Nurse Practitioner at my GYN office put me on pretty strong antibiotics, and told me to call my PCP by Friday (today) if I didn't feel better. I thought "Won't be necessary, I'll be fine by then!". Nope! Actually, the opposite is true! I actually feel worse...

So I made the obligatory call to the PCP, describing all the pain, how I haven't been able to pee (sorry, TMI!) normally in a day or two, how I have regular contraction type things in my bladder area while I'm just sitting here (they hurt!), how I"m running a 101.4 fever, etc... Surely she'd tell me to come in right away, or go right to the ER? Hell no.. She offers me an appt for 8:10 tomorrow morning!!

Just wanted to come on here and update.... Please bear with me while I continue to sludge through this hell and hopefully start feeling better soon!!!

3 comments:

Bloggymommy said...

Oh I do hope you start to feel better soon. Make sure you eat lots of yogurt while taking the anti-biotics or else you will have a kidney infection + a yeast infection! YUCK! Good luck! ((hugs))

Sandy said...

I'm so sorry for you! I know that this sucks because I have been through it before, only I was pregnant at the time. Yikes, was that scary! I hope you start feeling some relief soon! {{{hugs}}}

Gexton said...

Renal Specialty Exam Cousre is an interactive course for Renal specialty cerification,
this website will prepare you for the exam,

renal specialty course


renal exam course