Are you a mom? Want to talk about mom things? Or talk about anything? Send me an email and lets chat! michwinter6291@gmail.com .

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Diagnosing myself on the Internet is fun!

I think I've finally figured out what has been plaguing me for the last 2 weeks! AND, I didn't have to go sit in any nasty ass waiting rooms or have to see pay a co-pay! whooo hooo! Actually, I *do* have a Dr's appt scheduled tomorrow, but it was scheduled before I started feeling so crappy. It just happened to coincide...

((THIS IS THE TMI PART RIGHT HERE, SORRY))

I have a history of Bladder infections, and about a week ago, I could feel the symptoms of a bladder infection coming on. So I started drinking cranberry juice, and I seemed to feel better. But then on Sunday, I started to get a really high fever.... And then chills.... And then nausea.... and then a few other symptoms which I won't list here because they have to do with potty functions.

Soooo... as I'm sitting here at work, doubled over in pain, sweating from my fever, shivering with chills, I type in "Symptoms of Bladder Infection" and go on to read, and scroll down to read where it starts talking about "Symptoms of Kidney Infection", and I felt like I had hit pay dirt!!!!

Now, obviously I'm not a Dr, unless someone wants to pay me like a DR and let me walk around calling myself Dr. Michelle... LOL. But it's good to know that this is a possibility for when I walk into my Dr's appt tomorrow. I *almost* picked up the phone to call my family Dr earlier today (this appt tomorrow is for the beloved 'female' dr) but I thought my family Dr would think I was being a baby if I called in saying I had a fever and chills...

so, we shall see... In the meantime, I'm going to go back to being wracked with fever and chills. SO not fun!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Good luck! Kidney infections are horrible and the pain is insane! For me it was worse than child birth! I hope you feel better soon!

Miss Blondie said...

I hope you feel better!! Gotta love WebMd!!

Bloggymommy said...

I hope you feel better soon! Good symptom hunting, Dr. Michelle! lol